How to avoid an auto crash
At Springwater Chiropractic we treat a lot of auto accident injury patients. Over the years we’ve learned the best ways to get patients better quickly, so they don’t have limitations for the rest of their lives.
We knew that Chiropractic adjustments were important to restore normal joint motion. We’ve also been successfully using therapeutic massage techniques to eliminate pain and restore normal muscle tone. Along with this we use Low Level Laser Therapy to accelerate the healing of injured ligaments and tendons.
The old expression “an ounce of prevention beats a pound of cure” is appropriate in this situation. That’s why we’re going to give you some tips on avoiding accidents, based on the information we have gathered on the cause of the hundreds of accident patients we have treated.
- Avoid stop and go traffic. Most accidents are rear-end collisions, that occur when someone stops. Avoid routes that have a lot of stop lights and cross walks, if possible. Of course you need to stop at all stop signs and red lights. When you’ve stopped, glance in the rear-view mirror. Is the distracted driver behind you also slowing to stop. If not – brace yourself.
- Don’t stop when you’re not supposed to. Don’t be a “nice guy” and stop on the road just to let someone turn left across traffic. When you do, you create a blind spot for drivers in the curbside lane that often leads to a t-bone collision.
- Turn your phone off. You’re driving a 2000 pound piece of metal at 30-55 mph and suddenly your phone rings. Don’t let the temptation to answer your phone cause you to take your eyes off the road for a second. Your reaction time is not that good.
- Be aware of the weather. Rain, snow or black ice can increase your stopping distance much more than you think. Don’t follow too close.
- Don’t be in a hurry. Plan your trips. Leave for work in plenty of time. Your boss may end up being impressed that you show up early some days.